(done) Fix issues with icloud, mac.com, and me.com email addresses
fix the intermittent problem with the players who have email accounts with
Teamstuff here: This is a problem with the way Apple handles emails. We are sending the emails out fine, and apple servers are accepting the emails. Then something odd happens;
1. They are marking the emails from teamstuff as spam/junk
2. And then silently deleting it.
So users get no knowledge or choice - or any way to retrieve the emails.
We have raised a ticket with Apple Case # 714005684 in December 2014. Still waiting to get to bottom of it.
April 2015 update:
Problem appears to be only for some users; and it's only for the invitation into team email. It appears that other emails will make it to the users - once they are part of the team. We are working with apple ( still ) to understand root cause, but in the meantime, here's a reasonable workaround;
- Invite the player on their iCloud account ( which they might not get ).
- If they don't get it - ask the player parent to create a teamstuff account at https://teamstuff.com/#sign-up
- They will receive an email from teamstuff - to verify they really own the email account. It appears these verification emails are received.
- Player/parent follows email instructions to verify email, and then;
- Login to web - goto alerts and the team invitation will appear there. They can click to join team there.
So yes it's painful, and yes we're working to resolve the root issue with apple - but in the meantime they can be normal members of your team - it appears they get all other emails coming out from teamstuff.
Apple are telling us it's resolved. Our testing for our account shows it is resolved. So we think we are all good here now. We'll mark this as completed - but please don't hesitate to let us know if it's not. Phew!
Apple let us know they have resolved it. Our testing on our iCloud account was successful so we believe this problem is all complete. Thanks for everyone’s patience – think we’re done now.
Depending upon when you made your iCloud account, your iCloud email locations and aliases may end with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com domains. Know more about how these email addresses are in all actuality, visit here https://www.ipadsupportnumber.com/blog/fix-apple-application-support-error-2/
A problem for me too
This is terrible - Thanks Apple.
Have they given any time frames? At least eight of players have Apple emails accounts :-/
AdminCoach (Support Lead, Teamstuff) commented
Wish we could.
This is an apple problem - they are occasionally, and worst of all silently removing emails that we send to some of the addresses above.
We get no feedback at all of the problem - worse still - neither does that user.
We have raised issue with Apple engineers, who are currently 'investigating problem'.
We agree it's frustrating - but again this is an Apple issue with their mail servers, not with us.